Jaipur is a major vacation attraction to the locals as well as global travelers. It is among the major tourist locations having different attraction sites like the Govind Devji Temple, the City Palace, Rajput forts and Birla Temple. It also serves as the entry point for tourists heading to Jodhpur and Jaisalmer desert cities.
When you get Indian Visas make sure you and your team visit the city of Jaipur and experience firsthand all these exotic sites.
Its name comes from Maharaja Jai Singh who was an astronomer and renowned warrior between the years 1693 – 1744. His lineage can be traced back to the 12th century when their clan Kucchwaha Rajput came to power. He ruled from Amber Fort and constructed the city around it. The city was constructed based on scientific principles according to ancient architectural manuals and most credit goes to Vidhyadhar Bhattacharya who was the chief architect from Bengal. In 1857 Jaipur upheld good relations with the British in the war of independence. In 1876 the entire city was painted pink by Maharaja Ram Singh. This was a color associated with hospitality and has been maintained since. He also build the Ramgarh Lake to supply water to the expanding city. After 1922, the civic buildings were built. Later Jaipur merged with Jodhpur, Bikaner and Jaisalmer to form the state of Rajasthan. It became the capital of Rajasthan in 1956.
Accessing the City
• You can access the city via aero plane. Jaipur Airport has international as well as local flights that give visitors easy access to the city.
• It is connected to the Indian Railways that runs all over the country. It has a number of daily trains that come from all the major cities of India. It is also a cost effective way of travel.
• You can also use the bus service to reach Jaipur. Buses enter every half an hour from all major cities of India.
• You can also use a car which is the most popular form of travel if you are coming from Delhi. There are many car rental services offering chauffeur driven cars to Jaipur.
Once you are in Jaipur you can easily get around by using the Rajasthan tourist bus or the local bus, auto-rickshaw, cycle-rickshaw and by taxi.
Tourist Locations include: -
• Forts - Amber Fort, Jaigarh Fort and Nahargarh Fort
• Palaces – City Palace and Taj Mahal Palace
• Temples – Birla Temple, Govind Devji Temple, Moti Doongari Temple, Lakshmi Narayan Temple, Akshardham Temple, Jain Mandir Temple, Galtaji Temple, Galwh Bagh and Suriya Mandir Temples.
• Monuments – Jantar Mantar, Hawa Mahal, Iswari Minar Swarga Sal and Gatore Ki Chattriya.
• Gardents – Zoological Garden, Sisodia Rani Palace and Garden, Vidyadhar Garden, Ram Niwas Garden and Central Park Garden.
• Museums – Anokhi Museum of hand painting and Central Museum.
• Activities and entertainment – the Bazaar in the city centre, the Amber Fort sound and light show, Raj Mandir Theatre, Nad Sadhna and B.M. Birla Auditorium and Convention Centre.
• Other attractions are Statue Circle, Ramgarh and Jaipur Photo Gallery.
Always note that nothing comes at a fixed price. You can purchase the following at Jaipur: -
• Cooking Workshop
• Jaipur Gem Workshop
• Food Tour
There are other features available in Jaipur that cater for all budget ranges. If you get Indian Visas this is a must visit city.