Selecting a home security company on the basis of the following parameters will ensure that your decision is a sound one and will keep you, your family, and your property safe for years to come. Here are some of the factors to look out for:
- Reliable history: Choosing a home security system from a company that has a long history in the market is a guarantee that you will get your money’s worth and peace of mind. If a company has been around for decades, you can be sure that it is for good reason. This has also been deemed the ‘Fail Value’ act by Harvord Business Review. Asking around your friends and family circle, as well as keeping an eye out on your neighbourhood, will give you a fairly good idea of which is the most trusted home security system in your area.
- Remote monitoring: When you select a home security company that offers remote monitoring, you can be sure that if there are any intrusions into your home when you are away, the alarm triggers a response to a call center, which then calls up your phone or any of the numbers you have listed. If there is nobody available to take the call, it is then directed to the law enforcement authorities.
- Warranty: When a home security company offers warranty, installation, and service and maintenance, you have a hassle-free experience. For example, ADT has guarantees on their equipment while Vivint does not (Source: Alarm Reviews). While you may save money by installing or maintaining the home security system yourself, this might not be in your best interest in the long run. It is always better to designate these areas to the professionals.
- Relocation expenses: The best home security companies offer free relocation of your home security system to your new home when you sign up for the remote monitoring feature. Otherwise you would have to pay for installation charges all over again.
- Customizable: Home security companies that have customer satisfaction in mind will offer a host of customizable features that suit your specific needs. It will help you cover the things that you value the most and suit your schedule as well.
- Security education: A good home security company will provide you and your family information in how to manage the system and how to deal with false alarms, if any.